Do you work in the Creative or Digital Space? Are you an forward-thinking business with a strong desire to Invest in Young People
If so, we would love to work with you!
We have a group of highly motivated Graphic Design student from Italy joining us again this summer from 28th May to 27th June 2020 for a Graphic Design Internship Programme.
The very lovely Jason Baker from Citrus Ornge and resident of Platf9rm was amongst 9 businesses that took part in our programme last year.
We invite you to take a look at this video which will give you a better understanding of the calibre of the students and what kind of benefits they can bring to your business.
What is an internship programme?
An internship is a period of work experience, offered by an organisation, usually lasting for a fixed, limited period of time. They are typically undertaken by High School/Higher Educational students (16-22yrs) looking to gain relevant practical skills and experience in a particular field. All work is unpaid. Internships can last between 2 weeks and 9 months.
What’s in it for our business partners?
Firstly, our business partners get to work with professional, motivated and highly educated young European Interns who have a desire to travel outside of their comfort zones, to increase their skills-base and promote positive inter-cultural relations. They are able to bring with them a solid theory-based skill set, which they are looking to learn to put into practice in a professional environment.
5 Good reasons to take an intern in your business:
- New perspective on organisational issues – Interns can provide a fresh perspective on “the way we’ve always done it” mentality and can offer new ideas to the company. Interns are good at questioning processes and can often see a different way of doing things that a manager might not.
- Ease of use with technology – Social media, new technologies, computer software and hardware – these are a piece of cake for young professionals. And, although you may be a young entrepreneur, you can always use a hand from a fellow tech-savvy professional.
- It’s a trial period that could lead to something more – An internship is a great way to see how much potential an intern or recent graduate has in the field. You’ll get to see their skills and work ethic as an intern—and might choose to bring them on as a paid employee down the line.
- Help with projects or tasks that you’re struggling to complete. An interested candidate takes on an internship in the hope of accomplishing something to use on their resume or in future interviews. Give them real, meaningful work that will help your organization run smoother, accomplish more, or be more successful.
- Gain brand advocates – Hiring an intern helps spread the word about your company. If you’re an impressive internship supervisor and mentor, your interns will probably talk about their experience with peers, friends and family members, essentially advertising your organization (and it’s free!).
All of The Blue Penguin Company Ltd’s interns are carefully interviewed in person before they are accepted onto our programmes, and all students will have been given a rigid English Language Assessment prior to their arrival in the UK. All interns are from the EU/Europe and can be expected to have an upper intermediate level of English (upper B1). We are 100% committed to making sure this internship opportunity works both for your business as well as the Intern, and we fully manage the process from initial discussions to beyond their last day with you. We are not in the business of just putting bottoms on seats!
Who are our ideal business partners?
• Sussex-based companies who have a strong sense of Corporate Social Responsibility and a desire to proactively support our next generation of young professionals to achieve their highest learning potential.
• Business locations should be easily accessible via public transport links.
Ideal sectors for our clients include:
Graphic design, Website Design and Marketing
We look to partner with professionals who are passionate about Education and Personal Development. Our ideal business partner should be reputable, well-established, able to provide a safe and varied learning environment and is committed to education within their fields of expertise.
Want to get involved?
CONTACT US TODAY